Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beauty

I am an avid viewer and visitor of Scrap-it-Lah.  I find their challenges quite interesting and thought stimulating.

This August, I am so happy to see the Philippines' very own Iris Uy, guest designing for the site.  Well, the challenge is to create a layout with the following:

(1)  stamping
(2)  embossing
(3)  misting
(4)  dressing up a raw chipboard

Luckily, I had a layout (which I started in July but only finished today, haha!) that suits the requirement of this month's challenge.  Here it is:




Stamping:  See the words in the picture?  Yes, it's Technique Tuesday's Favorite Memories by Ali Edwards.




Misting:  I used Whipped Cream from Memories Mists.




Embossing and dressing up a raw chipboard:  I got a wire dress form from Dusty Attic.  Unfortunately, it didn't look good after heat embossing (I think I made it excessively and undesirably hot 'coz the paint and tinsel melted.  For the record, it is my first time to heat emboss and I busted it up, LOL) so I just coated some portions with a Diamond Stickles.  And whala!  The crooked dress became a gorgeous frosted embellishment.




The papers, whimsies, fabric tickets and ribbons are all from Webster's Pages.  Other materials:  transparency - Teresa Collins; yellow flower, pearls and crystals - Prima; embossing tinsel and stickles - Ranger; pink ribbon - All About Scrapbooking; and punchers - Martha Stewart.

This is one of the best and my favorite among the LOs I've ever made.  Why?  Because,
> I've got to use my favorite brands 
> I did not use any sketch
> I did not scraplift the design; and
> the subject is my everdearest daughter, Tien.

Love it!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing page! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap-it-Lah this month!!

    ReplyDelete