Monday, May 28, 2012

BLISS of a first time MOM

My creative mojo is pouring and I feel like doing another project again.  So when I saw the May 2012 challenge of Once Upon A... Sketch, I started creating a layout.

The challenge for this month is to create a layout and interpret the theme "Mum" however you like based on this sketch.


You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate both the theme and the sketch. 

Ideas for journalling: you as a mother, your role as a working/stay-at-home mum, sacrifices/benefits of being a mum, one day in your life as a mum, how your life has changed since being a mum, a tribute to your own mum, grandmother, guardian or someone you consider as close as your mum, your relationship with your mum or your daughter, one trait you have taken from your mum, your desire to be a mum, your feelings on motherhood, what does it mean to be a mum?, what kind of mum do you want to be?, Mother's Day celebrations/traditions, your favourite Mother's Day gift given/receive etc.

I am also a mother so I decided to create a layout about myself.  Now here's my version on the above sketch entitled "BLISS of a first time MOM".  You'll know why as you go through this post...


I used lots of items from the Webster's Pages particularly from the All About Me Collection.

Posting some details for you to appreciate my work...


The chipboard clock here is from Imaginarium Designs.  I soooooo love them that I hoarded lots and lots of different shapes.  Thanks to my friend who came from Australia!

Well, let me go back to the clock, LOL!  First I covered it with Gesso then painted with a green Acrylic Paint.  Once fully dried, I designed it with golden beads which I bought from a local fabric store.  So cute, right?  Hope you agree with me, haha!


Now, the bricks here are made of mixed Gesso and Coarse Pumice Gel then painted with a mettalic watercolor.  I used the Bricks doodling template from The Crafter's Workshop

Again, I added beads on the side and corner to make the layout more dramatic.


I wanted to share my feelings and experiences during my pre and postpartum period.  Hence, I had a lengthy journalling hidden under the title and photo.  The blue and white paper where the "BLISS" word is situated serves as an envelope.


Just pull down the scroll to remove the journal.


My journalling says:

" I was not a radiant preggy - my lips pouted, my nose looked swollen, my skin darkened, pimples grew all over my body and I gained so much weight (Oh yes, from 42 kilos to 53!).

I also experienced a lot of difficulties during pregnancy - there was so much pain in lower back and belly, I had intermittent bleeding and been on bedrest for seven months due to threatened abortion.

That was a very tough experience that I don't want to go through again.

But the moment my baby came out, I felt profound happiness and joy which I couldn't explain.  Maybe it was a PURE LOVE that only a MOTHER can feel.

My little girl is already five years old and I think I'm ready for the next challenge.  My dear hubby and I are planning for a second baby and hopefully, a bouncy baby boy this time."

Unfortunately, my husband left the country last month for a new work assignment and our plan of having a second child was deferred until he comes back in December.  ***Sigh***



You may also notice that there's a quote at the bottom part of the journal which states:

" A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them."
                                                                                                                   - Victor Hugo

Very applicable to my photo...

Thus, I am also entering this project to Berry71 Bleu's May Challenge which is centering on a favorite quote/poem/song about Mothers.

Well, both challenges offer huge set of prizes (just click here and here to check what's up for grab) and I hope my entry will be chosen...  crossed fingers...

Wish me luck!

I hope you'll find time to comment and thanks for dropping by!

Ciao!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I love the background and all the details!! Great work! Thanks for playing along at B71B!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing layout! So many textures and details....Fabulous. Thank you for playing with us a b71b!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page. So full of detail and colour and a beautiful journaling. You have put so much work into this page. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..

    It is a very pretty page. Love the texture..I love the story behind this LO. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at berry71bleu this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Firstly, I love how many techniques you described and yes, that clock is adorable! Great page about something really important! Love how you told the good and the bad! Thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful page... love your textured background and all your pretty details!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at B71B :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just so beautiful, both in it's colourful textured design, and in the lovely heartfelt journaling. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Once Upon a Sketch.

    ReplyDelete