Friday, June 08, 2012

My Girl

I'm not feeling well today.  Been soaked in the rain yesterday while attending the Running Clinic.  So I took this day off from work to rest and to avoid more serious problem in the coming days.

Mr. Mojo's present despite the fever and sinutis.  That's why I took this opportunity to finish the new layout I've been working on these past few days which I will enter at Once Upon... A Sketch.

This is the sketch to follow:


The theme for this month's challenge is about BIRTHDAYS.
Now here's what I've got...



Almost all of the materials I used are from Webster's Pages.

* All papers - Western Romance
* Mini Princess Petal - Everyday Poetry
* Perfect Accents - In Love
* Fabric Flower - Country Estate
* Push Pin - Winter Fairy Tales
* Whimsies
* Sparkler

Others:
* Chipboards - Imaginarium Designs
* Mask - The Crafter's Workshop
* Glimmer Glam - Tattered Angels
* Distress Stains - Tim Holtz
* Mist - Memories Mist
* Metallic Watercolor - Prang
* Liquid Pearls - Ranger
* Crackle Paint - Tim Holtz
* Gel Mediums

Following are the close-up and some more details of the layout:


I have an ongoing love affair with beads!  I so love love love them!  Aside from providing additional texture, beads make my layout more colorful.

Look, I scatterred the beads in the door frame and fence!


Now for the fence, aside from the beads I also put some granular gels.


I alloted this side of the layout for the title and some more decorations.  I used the Cherry Blossoms mask from The Crafter's Workshop.


The flowers.  Oh, they're so lovely!  And the swirls (pearl ribbons), I just bought them from a local fabric store.


My journalling is quite long and might cover the whole page if I spread it in front so I hid it again.  And where do you think it is?  It's hidden under the LOVE, haha!


Just pull the green paper to remove the journal from a hidden envelope under the photo.


My journal says:

"Meet my daughter, Tien.

Time flies so fast...  Six years ago she was just a little creature inside my tummy, kicking and creating bulges in every side of my belly.  I am so amazed to see her grow up beautifully each day.

The photo in the layout was taken on September 22, 2011.  The day when my little girl turned five.  Instead of having a flamboyant party, her simple request was a whole day spree at a nearby playhouse.  I saw genuine, immeasurable happiness in her face as she play with other kids that she just met.  Then I realized...  this is one of the magic moments and simple pleasures parents had forgotten in adulthood..."

By the way, I am also entering this layout on WP's Girly Challenge.  In honor of Girl Land, the challenge is to create a layout on the topic "Why I love being a girl...". 

So, here are the challenge details...

The majority of the project must contain Webester's Pages products.

1.  The project must use Webster's Pages Papers (any collection) and either mini princess petals and/or Perfect Accents.

2.  Post the project in the Inspire Me gallery under the file name "May GIRLY Challenge - (title of te project)" and post a link the comments section on their blog entry.

Well, this is my first try and I hope they will like my entry too.

That's it!

Thanks for dropping by!

P.S.  Since the theme for this month is about birthdays, I'd like to greet myself and my husband an advanced Happy Birthday!!!

7 comments:

  1. Such a darling photo and a beautiful page! So many lovely details! Love all your happy colors. Great job with that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page! And thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty! Great hidden journaling and fabulous mix! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat gorgeous picture of your girl! I particularly loved the way you described her in your journalling. She is lucky to have you as a mum. This is just beautiful work. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and girly! I love the window frame and the background technicks!!Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable lo. Sweet pic of your dd. Love all the mix of colour and elements. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the story behind the picture. Your page is adorable!

    ReplyDelete